Quote

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live.

~George Bernard Shaw

Monday, March 29, 2010

Getting Started-Anti Corruption Campaign

Fighting corruption is something I have been involved in for the last couple of years now. It is a difficult task. Changing people's attitude is challenging. There are no immediate results, and it sometimes makes me feel like I have been chasing the wind. But, it can be done,  it's been done before elsewhere. Australia and Hong Kong are classic examples. Its such successes that make me keep going. Although total eradication may be unattainable, the scourge can be reduced to minimal levels, just like other crimes. While this project am embarking on appears  fighting symptoms of corruption, it is also a major effort in the right direction. But  of course addressing the root causes is always the best.

Previously my work involved law enforcement but now am into communication closely linked to community education. I believe that a united front against corruption will carry the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment